Whanau Veggie Box (30 weeks)
$1,170.00 – $1,650.00
DON’T MISS OUT!! Deliveries start 24th November
From $39 per week
30 week veggie harvest starting mid-November. A season-long share of organic veggies straight from our organic certified market garden to your door. Suitable for families 2 – 5.
a.k.a. CSA or Community Supported Agriculture
What is it?
30 weeks of super fresh, organically grown produce! Veggie harvests / deliveries will start mid-November (14 or 21) 2022, and continue for 30 weeks*. The Whanau box is suggested for families of 2-5, depending on your weekly vegetable consumption and how much cooking you do.
Each week we aim to provide between 6 and 10 different seasonal vegetables, freshly harvested from our certified organic farm. We grow over 40 types of veggies and strive to provide variety from week to week. You can expect your weekly veggie box to include: salad greens, cooking greens, onion family, a root veggie, a herb, and other seasonal goods. Towards summer, you’ll see plenty of tomatoes, cucumbers, and (hopefully) capsicum; and autumn will include pumpkin / squash, and brassicas like broccoli and cauliflower. Due to the nature of farming, we make no promises on weekly items.
At this stage, we are unable to accommodate custom shares, but can work with customers who have allergies / aversions to find a substitute.
We aim to grow 100% of what’s in our box, but occasionally buy in produce from other local, organic farms to add variety or due to crop failure. We will always disclose this to you, our supporters.
The free-range egg add-on is from Laughing Pukeko’s flock of pasture raised hens, located on site at The Organic College. Eggs are mixed grade, with an average size between large and jumbo.
Each week you’ll receive a newsletter with farm updates, recipes, veggie forecast, inspiration, and veggie storage tips.
Delivery & Price Breakdown
Deliveries will start mid-November (14 or 21) 2022, and continue for 30 weeks. We have calculated the delivery fee into the prices, depending on location.
- Pick up is from The Organic College, Lincoln: TUESDAYS between 9am – 5pm
- Local delivery includes Lincoln, Tai Tapu, Prebbleton, and Rolleston: MONDAY evening or TUESDAY morning tbd
- Otautahi delivery includes Christchurch City: TUESDAYS between 9am – 9pm
* There will be a two week break over the Christmas/New Year period.
- Whanau veggie box pick up $39 x 30 weeks = $1170
- Whanau veggie box plus local delivery ($39 + $3) x 30 weeks = $1260
- Whanau veggie box plus Otautahi delivery ($39 + $5) x 30 weeks = $1320
- Whanau veggie box plus 12x eggs pick up ($39 +$11) x 30 weeks = $1500
- Whanau veggie box plus 12x eggs plus local delivery ($39 + $11 + $3) x 30 weeks = $1590
- Whanau veggie box plus 12x eggs plus Otautahi delivery ($39 + $11 + $5) x 30 weeks = $1650
RECURRING / SUBSCRIPTION PAYMENTS: While it helps us to receive one payment for the course of the season, allowing us to focus our energy on growing & harvesting, we understand this may not be feasible for many families. If you would prefer to pay weekly click here >
While we would ultimately love to see all households purchase their weekly veggies directly from a farmer, we know it’s not the right fit for many families. Ask yourself if these are important to you: do you see benefit in supporting local, organic farming? do you value forging a relationship with your farmer? will you support occasionally seeing ugly vegetables, or insects in your produce? do you have time to cook at least 3 times per week? are you adventurous in the kitchen?
If you said YES to most of these questions, we reckon subscription veggie boxes would be a good fit for you!
We have a few options for this:
- donate via mutual aid: we work with the Lincoln Uni Wellness team to identify low income students who would be stoked to receive a one-off box of fresh, organic veggies. To up the ante, we will match any mutual aid donations 1 for 1. Last year, through this mutual aid program, we were able to deliver 12 (6 +6) veggie boxes to local students.
- donate to a friend / neighbour
- receive credit to be used over the winter season
* for members away longer than 4 weeks, please get in touch [email protected]
Once you decide to join us, your weekly instalments start immediately, and you will be auto-charged consecutively for 30 weeks. This is due to a limitation of the e-commerce platform we use. For many customers, that means payments will stop mid-late May while veggie boxes continue to be delivered through mid June.
No, sorry, at this stage we can not accommodate custom boxes. However, If you have a food allergy / aversion, and let us know before the season begins, we can likely work around this.
It’s often difficult to steer families towards which share size would be best for your family. In general, the Whanau sized box is a good fit for households of 2-4 people depending on how many vegetables you incorporate into your meals, while the Whanau Iti is a good fit for 1-2 person households.